Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Toledo

Hi Everybody.

I am a third year physiotherapy student doing practices in Toledo, Spain. This is the first time I am writing here.
To begin with, I would like to say that Toledo is wonderful. Despite the autumnish weather and some problem with accommodation, it has still been a new and exciting adventure.

I arrived here on 19th of November. It was about 9 o´clock in the evening. I decided to take a taxi from the bus station. I had booked a hostel beforehand and when I got there, the doors were already closed. I thought that I now I would be in deep trouble. But then, after some minutes of yelling, the owner finally heard me and showed me to my room. All was well. The next day I went to see the local Erasmus coordinators and in the evening checked out some flats. One of them was OK, but the catch was that I could move in on 1st December. So I spent some days in the hostel and then most of the time left in another hostel, that was a bit cheaper. On 1st December I moved into the appartment and it has been quite good. Although, there were loads of problems with accommodation. A few times I had no idea, whether I could stay another day in the hostel or not. Another funny thing is that the sam flat where I am living now was turned down for me twice. But now, everything is OK.

Speaking about the practice, it has been very good. Currently I am working in the Hospital Nacional de Paraplejicos. So far it has been a great learning and practicing experience. I think that this is enough for the first blog post here.
All in all, Toledo is a neat town and if anyone ist thinking about coming here as well, then I would definitely recommend it, however, I would be a good idea to get a solid accommodation agreement beforehand. Anyway, I hope to make another post soon.

Best regards,
Ott Vanem
FT-III

No comments:

Post a Comment