Sunday, January 31, 2010

Final strech in Toledo

Hola!

OK, by now I have finished two of the three practices here. My last post was before the second one started. Since then, quite a lot of things have happened. I started flying back here on 8 of January. Everything was normal until the plane was delayed and as a result of that, I was standing in the Intercambiador Plaza Eliptica, a bus station in Madrid, at 22.02 having just missed the last bus to Toledo by two minutes. Great. So I phoned my flatmate in Toledo, that maybe he could pick me up in Madrid. He said alright and told me that he would arrive at about midnight. After having waited for about an hour, my phone rang. It was a man, telling me that he was the brother of my flatmate and that he lived in Madrid and fortunately, one of his roommates is out for the night and there a place for me. So I waited a little longer and finally we met in subway and went to his place. The night turned out to be a party with him and his two mates. In the morning I took the bus to Toledo. All in all, another crazy adventure.

Speaking about the second practice, massage, I suppose it was alright. Although, it was not a "massage practice" per se. During the first week, I got about two massages a day, each lasting about 15 minutes. Some of the time I spent doing nothing and mostly it was like the physical treatments practice we have in Estonia - ultrasound, magnetic therapy, TENS etc. During the next weeks, the number of massages increased and, all in all, turned out to be an OK practice.

The final practice is physiotherapy of children, in Colegio de EducaciĆ³n Especial, which is located a little bit out of town. Hopefully, it will also be a good experience.

What concerns the weather, it is becoming more and more beautiful. The last week has been only blue skies and bucketloads of sunshine. The temperature is not that idyllic yet, about 15-16-17 during the day, but, to my mind, it´s getting warmer every day. Ok, now it´s probably time to wrap it up. I guess that the next post will be my last, having finished all the practices in the end of February.

Regards,

Ott Vanem
FT-III

No comments:

Post a Comment