Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hei!

I came to Finland to do my practical trainings as a physiotherapy student here for three months. Now I have been here in Jyväskylä for one week. It is quite cold in here and very snowy – it has made me think about Christmas from the first day I arrived here.

People in Finland are very friendly and polite. They always help when asked and say “kiitos” (thank you) and “ole hyvä” (you’re welcome) all the time.

Considering the practical training, it is more independent here than in Estonia or at least it has been for so far. It is more like working and practicing the skills that you already have than learning something new in here.

What is bad about Finland is that travel costs are very high – one bus ticket cost here 3 EUR. But I’m hoping to get some discount as soon as I get my student card for travelling.

It is also nice that a lot of people in Finland can understand and speak English so there will not be much language problems here. But as the Estonian and Finnish languages sound very similar, many people has asked me if I can speaks or understand Finnish as well. Actually I can understand a bit but I can’t talk Finnish yet, but I am hoping to improve in this matter.

Now I’m going to finish this blog by wishing lots of snow to Estonia too!

Mari, FT III


No comments:

Post a Comment