Sunday, March 11, 2012

Maarja Erasmus



Hi, I am a 3rd year physical therapy student from Tartu Health Care College and I am doing my final practice in Finland, Jyväskylä. I have been here for two weeks already so I can tell a bit about it.
Jyväskylä is a very nice place to be- a lot like Tartu. Here lives about 40 000 students from all around the world, so sometimes when you drive with a bus, you can't here any finnish but you can here chinese, russian, english, french and so on. I live in a student house about 4km from the centre of Jyväskylä. This is my house and my room.
I have two roommates, one from Germany and one from Netherlands. We have one kitchen and a bathroom and downstairs all the students can use washing machines and driers.
At the moment I am doing a practice in a hospital near here for 5 weeks and then I do another 5 weeks in a private clinic. All the people at work are very friendly and happy to have you around so it is very nice to work here.
In my free time I like to go running and skiing so Jyväskylä is the perfect place to do that. There are running tracks all around the city so you can start from your house and go where ever you like. Also there is a big skiing center called Laajavuori near here where you can do downhill skiing, ski jumping and also cross-country skiing. There are also big indoor sport halls in the center so if you like to play sports, it is a perfect place to be.
Yesterday we had a finnish food evening where we could taste some well known foods in Finland- like Karjala pie and finnish pancakes. There were a lot of people from different countries like Mexico, Singapore, Taiwan and so on. Two students from Taiwan were also physical therapy students so it was nice to hear about their studies.

I think this is it for now. I'll write soon again!

Maarja


No comments:

Post a Comment