Thursday, August 9, 2012

Finishing my practice in Rimini Ospedale.

Hi again!

So now I will write a little bit about my last practice. So the last practice was geriatria as I said earlier. There was a lot of Italian students in that unit. None of them were on the third year like me, so I got to do a lot more things than they (although I couldn't speak Italian so well).

The staff trusted me a lot. I could do everything alone, they weren't next to me when I was performing some sort of procedures. Although sometimes I asked them to be there, because the patients were asking me questions that I couldn't answer so...I wanted some extra help.

This was the only unit where the staff didn't speak English that well. Still we managed, because my Italian got better and etc etc, but it was still very strange that they didn't speak English because most of the workers there were very young people. But they told me that the English language classes are not very good in Italy and for that reason they can't speak English well.

I became friends with all of the staff members and the students as well, we still keep in touch on Facebook. I got a good evaluation from them, they were very happy with my practicing. All three tutors that I had told me to take Italian language courses in Estonia, get better at it, and then come back to Italy, to work in their unit, because in their opinion I will be a great nurse, who fits into the staff very well, because I get along with people really good. I was very happy to hear them say these things =)

So finally my practices were done and I was free at last! The sad thing was that my practices took so long that most of the Erasmus students started leaving right after I had finished my practices, so we only had like a week together. Still we got to do a lot of thing in that week, we were together every day, every night.

I'm extremely happy that I met those people, they were ALL perfect. There was not even one person who I didn't like. They were so adorable. And now I have the map of Europe on which we marked all the countries and cities that I can visit any time. This is an amazing feeling, having friends from different parts of the world. When I had to say goodbye to them it was very hard for me, because I felt like I have to leave my family. We will meet again, we made a promise to each other. But that will happen next year, when we will have our Rimini Erasmus reunion.

I will add some pictures of these beautiful people, so you can also see my international family =)














I started missing these people the moment they went on the train and I believe I will miss them until the day we meet again. Some people just steal your heart, and I don't mind at all! I am so grateful that I met them, I am so grateful that my Erasmus experience was so amazing...I'm a very lucky person, VERY...

Maarja from Rimini, Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment