Monday, June 25, 2012

Hallo

After sooo long time I finally have time to write something. My first practice in station Katharina (geriatry) is successfully over. This 4 weeks went past faster then I ever could imagine. I have only good memories what I take with me from this month, the co-workers took me as  part of their team. They let me do almost everything what they must do. Sadly here in Germany nurses cant take blood or put cannulas, for that they have doctor assistants. Other protcedures like infusions, catheterisation, injections etc are doing the nurses, but as we nurses are like vampires cant we be without taking blood. In Germany nurses job is also washing of the patients, hygiene. For me seems the system here very confusing.

The teamwork in this station should be a example for every nurse. I had a enjoyable time working with them.

In free days I had time to see Germany- Hessen. The International office took us to Point Alpha- a border watch-tower from the old border between East and West Germany near the Fulda Gap. There we heard about one part of Germanys history.



Like Liisi already mentioned had we also a Museum night in Frankfurt. We were very lucky that we could see George Condos work. It was a relaxing night in Frankfurt museums.



 
Mit freundlichem Gruss aus Fulda.
Sigrit

 

No comments:

Post a Comment