Monday, May 3, 2010

Hello everybody from Madrid

Anneliis
Hello everybody. Time goes so quickly down here, because the city is so big and so beutiful and there is lot to do. Our neighbourhood turns out to be really good and safe place to live. And there is RealMadrid homestadion nearby as well as my first practic place, Hospital San Rafael, which is private hospital, and they say it is a lot different than public hospital. My next practice is in public, so in the end I can compare them. Anyway about my practice, childrens physical therapy is really interesting. There is a big room for all patients, and there is a lot of noise, but in one corner is separated box, where one physical therapist deals only with children, there I´m spending most of my time, still observating, but it is interesting to see how therapist uses different methods and gets the contact with children. Most of the patients have neurological problem, and the main method therapist uses is Bobath. The tutor is nice and we get good contact when the children are alone, but most of the parents are there and they ask about condition of their child and communicate, so I´m watching what therapist does and practise my listening and understanding of spanish:D Anyway i have been there for 2 weeks, 4 more, and hope to get my hands attached as well. But i´m pleased even now
Kaisa
Ou yes! Time goes too fast here. And finally we started our practice! I’m doing it in a litte school – Colegio de Integracion Motorica Mejico, where are also children with motoric problems. My tutors are really nice people and helpful, and know their work perfectly. There is two of them – Pablo and Marisa. Pablo speaks a litte english but Marisa doesn’t. It’s hard, but my understanding of spanish gets better every day. I definitely learn a lot from them, especially the attitude and communicating with children. Over the past 2 weeks I have never seen a sad child. Children are truly happy there and always come to physiotherapists room with a smiling faces! Also the techniques and different ortosis, machines, exercises, rare diagnosis – I’m really lucky to be there, to see all that and practice. I have done some lessons and helped physiotherapists, but it’s hard, because I don’t speak that good spanish. I hope that everything we’ll be as good as right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment