Thursday, March 31, 2011

Turkey vol. 2





I don't know if someone's being very kind, but the past few days Blogspot has not been blocked in here. So I'm using this opportunity to make a new post. Legally :)

Anyway, things are great in here, soon we'll finish our first practice and going to another department. What we have learned the most in the department we are in now, is how to measure pulse, blood pressure, breathing rate and body temperature, because we do that about 8 times a day. But that's useful too :)

The hospital here is quite different from the one in Tartu, starting from the distribution of tasks and ending with performing minor nursing activities. For example, in Estonia, nurses do EKG and catheterize the patient, but in here, it's mainly the doctor's job. Also, some of the instruments of work are old (e.g blood pressure cuff), so sometimes it's difficult to work with them (I need a complete silence to hear the blood pressure, or maybe I just have a bad hearing :D)

In the hospital, the language barrier still exists, but with the help of body language, we are managing.

So, in general, I'm very glad, that in the end, Turkey turned out to be my chosen-one :)I've never been in a country with such culture and history and beauty and food and so on.

That's it for now. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment