Wednesday, April 4, 2012

From Portugal



Hey! I'm writing this post from Lativa where I stop for one night on my way home. I just finished my four months in Lisbon and it really feels like I was only away for 2 weeks. Time flies when You're having a good time! It's unreal to think that tomorrow morning I'm not going to wake up in Lisbon which became like a hometown to me. At the same time I also feel good to go back to reality because I still have lots of work to do! Fortunately I could finish my trip with a free week to enjoy the nice weather also!
In the beginning when I decided to do my internship abroad, I was a little scared of not understanding the system in there, belonging to a team as a physiotherapist and of course the language barrier that might occur. After those four months and three different places where I did my internships I see that there was nothing to worry about. I am very pleased with all the places I got a chance to be. They gave me opportunities to work with different types of people. Most of all, I appreciate the fact that for 2 m
onths, I was doing an internship in sports physiotherapy in Benfica which is considered to be the biggest sports club.
In general, health system in Portugal is definitely different from Estonia and I think I learned a lot of new things I can use in the future. In my opinion I have fulfilled my goals and I'd like to thank my teachers and other people I met who helped me breaden my knowledge and beliefs in the field of physiotherapy and in my personal life!

It was a good experience!


Kristel






No comments:

Post a Comment