Friday, April 13, 2012

Hi everybody!

I’m a third year nursing student and next week I’ll start my geriatric and intensivecare nursing practices in a hospital in Rimini, Italy. I’m already in a hotel in Rimini, and trying to find a place to live for the next three months. I’ve received some offers but the prices for accommodation are quite high, so I’ll keep searching.

So since I haven’t been to the hospital yet, I’ll write about my trip to Italy. My trip started from Tartu, then I took the bus to Tallinn, then a plane to Bergamo, afterwards a bus to Milan, then a train to Rimini and finally a taxi to the hotel. That day I travelled for about 12 hours and it was the first trip that went without any problems.

The first impression about Italy and italians is very good. The nature is so beautiful, very many different plants and trees, a lot of green grass everywhere! The people are extremely helpful, always smiling and will give their best to understand you. Rimini in my oppinion is a nice and simple city, not too big and not too small. At the moment the weather is good for walking around the city, without sweating. There hasn’t been any sunny days yet, but the temperature is perfect for leggings and a sweater, about 16 degrees.

I’ll add some pictures that I’ve took on my trip, but I can guarantee that the pictures can’t give you the same feeling that I feel while being here, experiencing all this. But pictures are better than nothing at all, right? =)

Ciao!

Maarja from Rimini, Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment