Saturday, June 29, 2013

Madrid, Spain ! :)

Good morning!

You know, when I found out that I got Erasmus scholarship I was absolutely sure that I will love the Spanish life more than my practical training. And it is very surprisingly amazingly awesome that it is the other way around. I mean, I love my life here - people, parties, environment, food, weather, public transport etc, but I cannot say that I am thrilled to wake up every morning for that.. I am thrilled to wake up every morning to go to my practical training though.

Thing is that Erasmus is not about studying. It's about cultural exchange, new people, living in a totally new place and well the studies are like extra thing.. My Erasmus is vice versa: studying and doing my practical training is the most essential and most enjoyable thing and everything else comes extra.

But well, I finished my practice on Wednesday. Ah, it was emotionally very hard.. to say goodbye to all those awesome physiotherapist and patients. I am going to miss the heck out of them! I know that people don't understand it, they tell me "Well, it's part of life and you will find another job and other practical training places etc" but it's not true. Well, it is. I am going to have practical training next year as well but not as this one. Because from this one I gained so much more than just knowledge about my field.

First of all, I got motivation to study harder so once when I start working I will be as good physiotherapist as my tutor. I got to know the working environment and the working team I definitely want to be part of. I want to have these patient that you don't even treat but still come to you on your last day and say "Keep on smiling. Good luck in life!" or "I love you! I will miss you." I want all of that. Here I actually want to get up in the morning to go to work because if you actually want to do that then it's not working. I want this actually not working thing.

On my last day, I baked them a cake. It wasn't my most amazing cake sadly. Anyways. At the end of the lunch brake they told me they have a gift for me. I was so surprised about it since they really didn't have to do it. The gift.. it is the most amazing and sweetest thing ever! I absolutely love it!


And imagine my face when I found Estonian there..


Or when I read "I'll be watching you"


..and then both of us did the thing with the fingers.. you know what I am talking about.


Oeh. This is so hard... I am leaving Spain tomorrow and I am ready to leave. I can leave. I don't want to but I can handle it. I can't really handle leaving the hospital though. It seriously brings tears into my eyes so I am kind'a happy that I am home alone right now and nobody can see me.

And for last.. Me and my tutor. The woman who made my practical training what it was! You have a piece of my heart! I really do want to be as smart and as awesome tutor one day as you are right now.


What I want to say is that. Spain has amazing positive affect on your professional and also private life. If you have the opportunity to do an Erasmus, do it! Just freakin' do it! It is the best time in your life so far! Afterwards it will just get better! :)

As I said on Wednesday, I won't say "Adios!" to you. It is "Hasta lluego!"

I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment