Sunday, May 6, 2012

Georg's adventures in Jyväskylä

Hi everybody!
The last have been very interesting so i thought pop by and tell a bit about my adventures.

First off, about 2 wks ago I took a long weekend and went to Estonia. For my luck, the weather had JUST changed and turned into a nice spring with fresh air and more sun. Though the travelling to Estonia was not as sunny.. the train that was supposed to take me to Tampere was late so I almost missed my connect train to Helsinki from there. It was quite crazy, everybody was running and though they said they'd let the other train wait for us, the train didn't wait for more than 2 minutes. And of course in Helsinki, when u're using Eckerö Line, you have to find the Länsisatama, which is quite far from the marina in the center, and since i'm quite stubborn, i didn't use a tram, but at least i got a good workout!



So anyway, my practise session in the hospital is nearing its end and i have to say it has been really something... i really feel it's a good place for me and though for some reason it's really tiring (some people say maybe its the hospital air), i wouldn't want to leave for JAMK for the final weeks... but what has to be done, has to be done, at least they have training facilities and cheaper food there. For instance, the food in the hospital costs 5,40, with a workers's discount, but at JAMK it's 2,70. And the foods are basically the same..

Anyway, its not all hard work here. Since i havent done much over the last weekend i decided to go out whatever it takes. So i took my bike and headed for a concert. For my surprise i had looked at the program wrong and hadn't done any research on the bands.. But what the heck, i was there so i was going to check it out... and i didn't have to regret my decision, there were two really good rockbands, so i'm gonna copy my favorite here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CgvNMdNTtY

Anyway, coming back from the concert the air was so fresh i decided to take a longer course to my place, a course i hadn't taken before, coz' i felt like i needed a little adventure.. but sure enough, i got home fine and loved the detour through the dark areas, covered in woods and also wild critters at times:


Anyway, i'm off and wish you all a nice spring! Go take a walk, or a "lenkki" as they call it here!
Georg

No comments:

Post a Comment