Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hey-hey!


The weather here in Rimini has been very warm and beautiful for a long time now! And sadly today I have my hospital practice until 19.30, so it will be a 10h day full of work and no beach time, but on Sunday I will relax.

The good news is that I’m not living in a hotel anymore. I am now living with 3 italian guys and 1 girl from Iran in an apartment very near to the city center. It is a safe and pretty neighbourhood. I’m really happy with it =)

I’ve also started my first practice, which is family nursing. Actually I shouldn’t be doing it in Italy, I was supposed to do it in Estonia in September. But my italian tutor had found me a place near to my flat, where I’ll be doing my practice 6 days a week, 6 hours a day. From time to time I get the opportunity to do a few more hours in one day. The next practice will be intensive care nursing and then geriatric nursing. So I will finish my practice period somewhere in the middle of July.

I’ve met a  lot of nice erasmus students here. They are always inviting me to different events, trips, out for lunch, to parties etc etc. There are students from Greece, Rumenia, Portugal, Spain, Germany, Scotland, Iran, Poland, France and Russia. All of them can speak English pretty good, except the spanish people. Besides me there’s only 3 more nursing students, I haven’t met them yet, because they are practicing in Rimini Hospital, while I’m in a nursing center that visits all the patients in their homes. So a lot of driving around in the cities, villages and in the mountains. But it is very interesting to work with patients who are all over 90 years old, who live with their caregivers and are still smiling and joking.

So next time I'll write more, I promise! I just can't sit in the room when the sun is so shiny and also work is waiting...All the best to you guys!
 Home, sweet home.
 Home, sweet home vol 2.




 All Erasmus students together.

No comments:

Post a Comment