Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Madrid, Spain.. well, actually Lisbon & Montijo in Portugal ! :)

Ola !

How is life treating you, my dears? I cannot complain: nice weather, very beautiful environment and even more awesome people surrounding me. Just to explain what is up then I participated in a project in Portugal.. yep, took a vacation from my practical training. So what happened in Portugal? Let's start from the beginning. Though my flight got cancelled and I had to wait for the new one for like seven hours..


then I made it there with my luggage.. really nice change. ;) To specify then my last project in Poland took place without my luggage.. try to manage with one pair of socks and underwear and stuff. :P


But what can you see in Lisbon? Let's check out the view first from the ground..


..and from somewhere higher.


As you can kind'a see, they have really nice streets with palm trees..


..and orange trees. :)


And interesting people doing things..


Mmm, they have the best dessert in Portugal. It is called pasteis de nata and oh dear god it is delicious! I know it does not really look like that but if you taste it, it is like.. I will try to make them once I get back home! :D


Oh, the project took place in Montijo..


..which is connected to Lisbon..


..with the biggest bridge in Europe.


So, what was going on during this week in Montijo. All together there were 25 people from eight different countries. The coolest ones were from Poland. I start to wonder what is up with me and Poland.. Anyways, besides learning about employment, volunteering and entrepreneurship we also had a secret friend mission (you have a person to whom you have to be really-really nice to without him/her knowing that it is you). And you can believe my happiness when I got "stuck" with Peter from Poland.. Like a dream guy.. From Poland and named Peter.. The last thing I gave to him was a cactus, which according to him is with him and okay though I still highly doubt it.



And there was also this superawesome Polish girl. I think it is so much easier to be a girl from Poland rather than a girl from Estonia. Why do I think that? Well, I went to the bar to ask for some ice and while the bartender was filling up my glass with ice I saw some weird flower-kind-of-things in a glass and asked what were they. He explained that it is something to give flavor to this particular drink which he then gave it to me.. for free. Nice, cannot complain! The drink was awful though..


There was one more awesome Polish girl there. She actually lives in Slovenia now but still, awesome people come from Poland.. and everywhere else as well! But yeah. So we were going home from a party one night and we had a bottle of wine. Since we were both thirsty, we decided to open it but came across with a small problem : we did not have a bottle opener. But as genius as I am, I decided just to hit off the neck of the bottle and I have to admit, I am a master : no small pieces of glass and drinking from it was easy as well.. :P


Well, this was my week more or less.. Since it is late and the sun is setting, then here's a picture of a sunset in Montijo.


PS! Portugese guys are better kissers than Spanish ones.. Just my bad luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment