Saturday, May 4, 2013

Madrid, Spain ! :)

Hola !

Unbelievable, it has been a month already and I am heading back home soon, since May promises to fly by like a jet plane and most of June I most probably be like "Oh no, last month!" Anyways, there's still time luckily! I think it is time to introduce you to my daily life here in Madrid.

So. Most important part of my daily life is public transport and more specifically the underground. Sounds dark and dangerous, but actually it is quite nice. There are ten different metro lines in Madrid and mine is number one (my lucky number!) which is the best since it goes from the South to the North and is nicely connected to every line, so it is good.


Oh and the metro lines have colours as well. I remember that when I got here I had to take line 8 from the airport. It is the pink line but to think that the train would be pink.. nope! My line is light blue and well, with good imagination and some blurry eye vision (coming home from a night out) it is actually!


But the metro is closed since 1.30 til 5.30 in the morning, so if I need to go home afterwards I need to use the night bus which mostly takes home just drunk people.. it is more like a drunk bus. The driver is sober though, so don't worry!


And every time I go home I pass this cool watermelon house..


And these cool pizza-delivery rollers..


And there are many people walking in the center of Madrid as well...


Or supporting wrong football teams...


Or standing by supporting on a cane only...


And when they get tired of standing, they sit on a cane.


And since everyone of us desires for a Prada or a Gucci bag, you can get them here as well..


And then you can really stand out...


Oh and I can not forget about music and dance since Spanish people love it! There is this one pretty awesome guy who plays on the streets and in the evenings in the metro and the cool thing about him is that his drums are pans and pots.


And you can find guys who dance.. I think it is dancing..


And well, it is not something that I really do every day, though I wish I could, but I went to practical training the other day and saw a sign "Banco de sangre" and I assumed that it is the blood bank, asked my tutor and I was right. So, what better way to spend your lunch break than donating blood. Though I should have waited for another 20 days since it hasn't been three months yet, but who cares. :)


Seriously, the best advantage of working in a hostpital! ;)


And last but not least! It is not connected to my daily life but it is like "Super-bad luck Brian" moment. I was out with couple of people and we were just chilling and drinking beer in front of some building. There was a black guy and his girlfriend as well next to us. So we were talking about random stuff when two guys are passing us. The black guy stops them and asks if they have any weed.. So one of the guys replies "We don't have weed, we are national police.." Watch out!

And the last thing, you are awesome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment